A call-to-action is a place on your website that asks prospective customers or clients to do something. This is usually in the form of bold text or a button that is linked to a ‘landing page’ where they will fill out a form and submit it to you as a lead. Or, if your business would rather have a visitor pick up the phone and call you – the phone number of your business could be used as a ‘call-to-action’ with some attention-grabbing text in front of it.
Some examples of a call-to-action could be:
- Call Now To Make An Appointment!
- Click Here For Your Free Consultation
- Click To Redeem Your Free Gift
- Download Our Special Guide
- Book Your Trip Now
According to Hubspot (http://www.hubspot.com) CTA’s should be:
- Visually striking with copy that compels you to click the offer
- Brief: A couple of words is best, no more than five is ideal
- Action-oriented: Begin with a verb like “Download” or “Register”
- Located in an easy-to-find spot that follows organically from the flow of the webpage
- In a contrasting color from the color scheme of the webpage, while still fitting in with the overall design
- Large enough to see from a distance, but not so large as to detract attention from the main content on the page
- Easy to understand and clear: Be sure to state exactly what the visitor will get if they click on the CTA and go to the landing page
If you don’t have a call-to-action area on your homepage, please call us at 541.606.5374 to set up a free website analysis and consultation!