Use WordPress for Your Business
Let Kismet Design custom design & build a website for your business that you’ll be able to edit yourself once it’s finished! We use WordPress to create an attractive, secure, user-friendly website using state-of-the art internet technology.
The core WordPress team will always develop it to be more secure, lightweight (to load pages fast), and to utilize the most current HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery code.
WordPress comes with the standard features (listed below), and thousands of plugins that can be easily configured to add dynamic functionality to your website. With WordPress we can meet your company’s needs.
Top reasons to use WordPress
- Intelligent Text Formatting
- Custom Menus
- Multiple Authors
- Full User Registration
- Extensions – 1,000’s of Free Plugins
- Easily Find Support
What else can WordPress do?
With the correct theme and plugins WordPress can be used for:
- An eCommerce Platform to Sell Anything!
- A Membership Based Website
- A Bulletin Board Forum
- An MLS Listing Service | Real Estate Website
- A Multilingual (Localized/Translated) Website Solution
- A Booking/Scheduling Service
- A News Organization
- A Crowdfunding Website
- And Much More!
What is a “WordPress Multisite”?
A WordPress Multisite Network (WPMU) is a way to manage multiple websites using the same WordPress build. If you want to create a series of websites that are nearly identical in appearance, but hold completely unrelated content, then this is for you!
How does a WordPress Multisite work?
WordPress is composed of two parts: the file system (HTML, CSS, PHP, and jQuery files) and the database (where settings are saved). A multisite uses one file system for the WordPress core files. In the database it creates a separate copy of the WordPress structure for each WordPress installation you have in your multisite (this way it can save the settings of each installation independently of the other installations). You can also choose to install theme files and plugin files for all of the WordPress installations in one place, and/or separately for each installation. After doing our initial consultation with you, we can determine if a WordPress multisite is right for your business.
Benefits of a WordPress Multisite
- Multiple websites can be developed at reduced cost to you – they take less time to setup because they have so much in common.
- A multisite offers ease of maintenance as the website files are mostly stored in one place – rather than having to update multiple websites, you can do it once and update many websites at a time.
- You can pay a hosting company for one account, rather than multiple accounts.
- The sites can have the same files but don’t have to look the same – individual theme and plugin settings are stored in the database, so you can change color schemes and settings for each website installation.
- Familiarity – since the websites use the same build you will know where to go to make changes in settings.
- Flexibility – you can still install different plugins for each installation, they don’t all have to be installed on every installation. This can save on page-load times (extraneous .css and .js files are not loaded, and extra PHP is not crunched). This also helps your administration dashboard area stay clean and uncluttered.
- Your media library uploads are stored separately from each other in the file system – this offers ease of finding files via FTP, and makes backing up individual installations easier.
- Your content is still unique to each site (unless programmed otherwise).
A multisite network is a collection of sites that all share the same WordPress installation. They can also share plugins and themes. The individual sites in the network are virtual sites in the sense that they do not have their own directories on your server, although they do have separate directories for media uploads within the shared installation, and they do have separate tables in the database.
Call Kismet Design at 541.606.5374 today to set up your free WordPress or WordPress Multisite consultation!